Monday, November 24, 2008

80s Tribute to DC's 12th Man

I think it's pretty weaksauce for a blogger to post a YouTube video only to say "This is awesome" and leave it at that. I'm going to do the same thing, more or less, so sorry in advance.

I was reading Chris Cooley's blog (he's a tight end on the Redskins), and he (or one of his co-writers) had this hilariously, awesome old school video posted. Here are some 1980s Redskins singing a tribute to their fans:



Sports will continue to thrive so long as dedicated fans support their favorite athletes and teams. As a sports fan, it's nice to be reminded occasionally that my "fandom" is appreciated by these teams and athletes. Even if it's in a reprise of something created before I could do long division.

For the record, I am more of a Steelers fan. Though if this were a Cowboys or Patriots video, I almost certainly would have neglected to post. Enjoy.

Addendum -- After further Cooley blog/YouTube research, here are some more 1980s/90s NFL treasures:

L.A. Rams (remember when they were there?) The Rammers -- "Ram It"
  • "If you ram it just right, you can ram it all night"
Miami Dolphins rap Cory and the Fins -- "Can't Touch Us"
  • "Makin' 'em sweat, that's why they're sore"
  • Zubaz pants sightings throughout!
1986 L.A. (not Oakland) Raiders and the "Silver and Black Attack"
  • Howie Long (Hall of Famer-turned-FOX NFL Sunday broadcaster) raps at 0:46
  • "I love to sit on those running backs"

No comments: